Book information from Policy Publications
Talent Management 2
‘A quicker and more cost effective route to the high performance Organisation’
Prof. Colin Coulson-Thomas
Many talent management programmes are unaffordable and destined to fail. Talented people can be costly to recruit and difficult to manage and retain. Fortunes are spent on expensive people who are not engaged, effectively used, or properly supported.
This 184 page A4 size report sets out a practical and affordable route to building high performance organisations and quickly achieving multiple objectives. The approach it recommends can avoid traditional trade-offs and benefits people and organisations.
- Talent Management and the High Performance Organisation
- Underpinning Research and Experience
- Addressing Fundamental Challenges
- Innovation, and Launching and Selling New Products
- Building and Supporting High Performance Communities
- 24/7 Learning and Development
- Transforming Public Services
- Purchasing and Informed Decision Making
- Implementing Corporate Policies and Strategies
- Corporate Communications
- Addressing Special Situations
- Adopting and Implementing Performance Support
- Embracing a More Balanced Approach
The report contains mini-case studies that illustrate a successful response to a generic challenge facing organisations. For each organisation the mini-case study briefly presents the problem addressed, what was done, results achieved and subsequent situation, what made difference and main learning points.
Talent Management 2 can be obtained from www.policypublications.com